Skip to main content

More chalk paint experiments

As you can see I am so totally in love with chalk paint. I haven't worked on 1 canvas since I bought the chalk paint. I will have to conclude all the projects and hopefully finish up all the chalk paint and then get my butt in gear and back to painting on canvases. I have given myself a deadline to conclude and seal all these wonderful pieces that I am working on and get back to my acrylics, inks and water colours and it is next Friday.


This is a wonderful candelabra which my mother in law gave me. She had brought it from Haiti when she lived there. I loved it but found the wood to dark and you couldn't appreciate the detail but now it just pops.  

 These are some little carved out molds that I bought at a garage sale many years ago but had no colour and were just calling to me. I am not sure the white is what I was looking for but I will leave them for now and wax them and sand them down a bit. Maybe a nice hunter or mossy green would be nice on top of the white. Hum.....




This cedar chest is up at the cottage so I will finish it over the winter. It doesn't fall into the deadline here in the city.

I have been working on this baby this week. I am not sure I like the dark wax which I started on the front drawers so I will have no choice but to go out and get some clear wax and sand down the dark wax. I may also repaint the handles in gold.....not sure
This is my favourite cabinet from my grandfather (Gumpy) which I may change into a linen cabinet for the new cottage but I will have to wait till next year to see where it can go because the cottage is small so I may just abandon this project for now. I am not sure I like the red on it either. 
.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots