Skip to main content

Just some of the random things I like to paint



an old wooden tool box

an old coal bucket
a rusted candle holder. This is really cool when lite up with all the holes. I was going to leave it rusted but it would be outside all year and thought a little enamel paint would help to preserve it. And of course it gave me a good excuse to use my favourite colour blue 

finished and hung up on our deck at the cottage

an old wooden basket


memo board

one huge piece of scrap wood and 3 different animals. A cow, a pig and a rabbit



an armoire in the city. Painted with chalk board paint then drew on the design with chalk and then painted over with white acrylic paint

mirror frame to match the design in the front entrance years ago.

the back of the coal bucket.

an old rusted spade


an old piece of wood

a piece of wood cut from a project and added a hole and put in a dowel to put in the flower pots....as if I didn't know what they were. 

This is just some of the things that I have painted over the years. When I get bored, or run out of paper and canvas( which doesn't really happen that often)  I resort to things that I have either picked up in the garbage to revamp or anything that will take paint. I have painted our freezer, rocks, benches, old cabinet doors, anything wood, plastic tables and chairs. The only thing I will never paint is my dining room set and our amoire at the cottage. The dining room set is not really that valuable and quite dark. I can't say that I haven't been tempted to paint it but I am not allowed. Hubby and I bought this with the money we collected from our wedding gifts almost 30 years ago. And the armoire up at the cottage isn't really a valuable piece of furniture but I won't paint it because Willie kept bugging me that I hadn't painted it yet. He has since passed away and now it is just a fond memory of his joke with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots