Skip to main content

Progress on new painting "Venus Fly trap"





Started with the airbrush using inks and Golden airbrush paints. Then I used inks on the outside of the plant to drip down and then started to add swirls to make it look like water. So this is where I am at on this painting....not sure I like where I am going with it but I will let it sit for a couple of days and eye ball it.
Chuck says it looks like "Venus Flytrap" so I think this is what I will name it.
I will be adding some Heavy Gloss gel on the outer edge of the flower and where the swirls or the water are and then I will highlight the texture when dry. New photos to follow when done.

Okay I had this painting up for a while on the wall and I was really not liking it at all. The green was too green and after gessoing over it I decided that I didn't like the flower either so I removed most of the petals and landed up with this....I am not sure where I am going with it but I'll play around with it for a while.

Update, it is now Nov and I have played around with this painting way too much. It has taken a complete change and although I am having fun, it is just not going anywhere so I will probably put the painting away for a day that I have the solution to complete it.

Update # 2....it is now early Dec and while in the midst of working on this piece, Joe P, came up behind me and was fascinated with it. He asked me how it evolved and what kind of work I had done on it. As I was telling him what materials and how long I had worked on it, it came to me where I wanted to go with it and finished it by the next day. Joe of course fell in love with it.....so it became his Christmas gift. I am waiting for him to take a couple of photos on a clear day so you can see the details. The glare from the glossy mediums I used makes it hard to see. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots