Skip to main content

My Product review of the new Professional Water Based Liquitex Spray Paints






I was so excited to try the new water based Spray Paints by Liquitex. They are inter mixable with acrylic paint. Last week I attended a demo hosted by Francoise Issaly who in my opinion does a wonderful  demo as she is very enthusiastic about working with different mediums, anyhow she did a 2 hour demo on various products and processes, one being image transfer (which has been a fascination of mine for the last couple of years), Pouring medium and also the new spray paints. I called Omer Deserres the following day to find out they had them in stock. I bought 4 of my favourite colours, Red, Yellow, Blue and Gold. All transparent except for the Gold. I played around with them on some old grunge boards I had and was quite happy with them, considering that I do Airbrush, it was a lot simpler to use this than pull out the compressor and have to clean my airbrush. I did as advised and removed the nozzles and cleaned them after turning the cans up side down and cleaning out any existing paint. This seems like a waste to me because alot of paint came out when turned upside down. I soaked the nozzles in soapy water for a couple of hours and put the clear caps back on the paint cans.The following day, when I used the sprays, I found that one of them, the blue did not seem to have any pressure after shaking the can for several minutes even though I could hear the ball inside. I hadn't used very much either, so I left it aside and tried the other paints. The gold I found really came out in large burst of paint, randomly and splatter here and there. The red and yellow worked fine. I wrote a quick note to Francoise who responded promptly to me suggesting I try another cap. I tried one of the other caps from my other paints and it still didn't work. I will go to Omer Deserres tomorrow to buy some new ones especially since they come in other sizes. If it still doesn't work, I will return it hopefully for a new one. Omer Deserres is not great for return of products though especially since it clearly states it on the back of their receipt. I have already complained on several occasions to them but they won't budge on their policy. 

So my final first assessment on the new water based spray paints by Liquitex is 
They are easy to manipulate versus the airbrush. 
Still alot of cleaning to do which is similar to working with the airbrush but less noise without my compressor going.
I am not impressed with the Blue paint not working yet. 
I also found them to be a bit pricey. Oh and of course they are now on special for 4 days at Omer Desseres. 
Average price ranges from 10.99 to 11.99.

Other comments to follow on the product after some further experimentation. 

I found the nozzle's at Curry's a package of 6 for $5.79 plus shipping.
It would seem that Omer's may not have them. 
http://www.deserres.ca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots