Skip to main content

some cards made from the scrap pieces of yupo

After cutting the sheets of  Yupo to mount on the birch panels for Resining, I had a huge pile of the scrap pieces that were from the edges of the paintings. I had a birthday card to make so I mounted one of the little scraps and put one together. After that I though oh why not just take the rest of them and mount them on my blank cardstock. And then of course I had so much fun stamping them and coloring them in with some markers. I made at least 40 on the first couple of batches and the next thing I knew I was making more. Some of my friends came for dinner one night and I showed them the cards and the next thing I knew they were buying them all. I went out the next day and bought some more card stock and have been making them since. Funny thing is that is how I started drawing as a kid by making birthday cards. I think I have bought only half a dozen store bought cards in my life.
Now I am looking at investing in one of the embossing and die cutting machines. I have been reading up on the different machines and I think I am convinced to buy the Crafters Companion Gemini die cutting and embossing machine. There is so many machines out there and I wish that I could just do a little demo on each. I went to Michaels and spent most likely 12 hours reading and checking out all the accessories that come with the different machines for Circuit and Sizzix machines. The manuals starting from as low as $70 and electronic ones ranging up to $600. The information and supplies are a research on its own. After discussiong with Nathalie, the owner of Scrapbooking Central on Sourcses Boul in Pointe Claire, she laid down some very interesting points; the ones that use your computer take you away from the actual craft of making with your hands. The Gemini is one of her best sellers and for price point as a starter machine, it includes what you need to start a project. I am sold.
So I will review what my feeling is once I get the machine.

here are some of the cards to date.I have never used any of these machines and I am really looking forward to adding some cool details to my future cards.






These cards were all printed on the gelli plate and then the edges I added some course medium to get some relief. 




how it would look in a little frame 





cuttings 

Add caption



this one I added accent glossy medium but did not take into consideration when I decided to flatten a batch of cards in the press



water color painting cut up too 




used the edges of a paper punch to give a delicate edging 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots