Skip to main content

Sewing machine make overs and accessories

 So I don't really don't know how to sew but I do mend things. I have 3 machines in my possession. One might ask what is my passion with them. I really couldn't tell you all I know is I love sewing accessories, buttons, drawers and machines. 








\

One of the machines belonged to my mother which I made straight stitches but never experimented with any patterns. It broke quite often and at one point I just did not feel it was a wise investment to repair it anymore but I can't seem to get rid of it. The second one which I may still invest in repairing, I figured one day I would pull it out and make something but never have. The time has come to make a decision on which one stays and which one goes. The last one is one my oldest neighbors who gave it to me.






 It reminds me of my grandmothers that as a child would lie on the bottom and swing. This one will be taken apart to make a desk in the future if I don't sell it. I took all the drawers out because I use them to store mediums in. Recently I have sold 2 of them on Poshmark.ca in my closet bpagani, https://poshmark.ca/listing/Vintage-wood-sewing-drawer-627c3968ff83045008bbf973.





So here are some ideas that I came across on the internet 

https: //www.lovelyetc.com/how-to-repurpose-sewing-machine-table/ 

Carrie of Lovely Etc She explains how to dismantle it and convert it into a desk. While your there check out her upcycling projects. Most of them are from ordinary things that are put to the curb or sold locally dirt cheap.

https://www.recyclart.org/60-ideas-recycle-old-sewing-machines/

these are my favorites



I am thinking this will be a project for next summer. 

I also have my great grandmothers woven basket from the early 1900's which is in poor shape but I still love it. I used to store threads and stuff in it but found from repeated use it was falling apart. Now it sits in my cabinet taking pride on the top shelf. 




I recently acquired a really cute little display rack with drawers. It is quite small but so darn cute. You can store buttons, snaps scissors and your thread goes on the top. It sold on Poshmark.ca.  

https://poshmark.ca/listing/Vintage-mini-sewing-rack-61b6a1ea81a36cf45a3c76ed




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

End of a collection #Breweriana

 For years my hubby and I collected Breweriana items. It started with beer glasses and within a year or two without realizing it, we had over 100 displayed in our A frame window ledge. Then it was coasters from every bar or restaurant we visited. The next level was Beer trays which we eventually sold off. This all started when we were making our own beer even managed to find the old quart size bottles and the cases. As with most collections it grows without even noticing. You know it's out of control when you need to clean over 100 glasses, twice a year. We still pick up glasses, coasters and trays here and there but more for reselling. This is the last bit of the collection that we no longer display and all the coasters have a pin hole as they were mounted in our basement on our barn wood walls. They are in relatively good condition for the next collector to come along and purchase them. Poshmark.ca/closet/bpagani Thank you for checking them out.  update this batch which had lots