Skip to main content

Antique and Vintage Industrial Office Hardware and Supplies

Here are some of Antique and Vintage office supplies and hardware




This was my grandfathers from the early 1900's in its original case. 


These were your standard pencil case that was made of wood 
I had a similar one in grade 1-4 when they started making plastic ones that were lighter to carry. 


It stored your pencil, eraser, and nibs if you were using a fountain pen. 


There was a time when all the mail that came into an office was stamped the date received and then it was sent to the appropriate dept for their review and then stamped again when it was received there and possibly another stamp when the paper was concluded.
So most company admin people had these carousels on their desks for the various stamps required in the dept. 
Displayed in the above picture is stamps with felt pads on the bottom which are used for scrapbooking with distressed inks and oxides


Every Dept. had a sharpener till the motorized ones started replacing the manual ones. 






This was an ink well that would hold your ink in the center and your fountain pen in the front. 
In the background was the spiral that either telephone messages were written on put there  for various people in your dept. They would pass by and pick up their messages. Of course this was long before cell phones. 




This is my stamping platform when I use my stamps on my cards. 
It's a current tool that one day will be considered out of date just like some of the ones photographed in this section. 


I learnt how to type manual in grade 7. 
This typewriter was a Brother make and was my birthday gift that same year. 
It came in the carring case. 
It was tough on your fingers as you had to apply pressure down on each key stroke.
It became a lot easier when the electric typewriters became available. 
I still use mine periodically. 
Every admin job you applied for at that time, required you to take a typing test. 








This is the hard shell carring case that the typewriter went into.


This is the desk I would type at. 






One of my favorite letter press drawers with a piece of glass on top. 
It's been used to take photos of the items I collect like a vintage compass. 



Some Vintgage decorative milk glass jars to store paint brushes, pens, pencils, and spatulas. 


Just a view from my studio in the winter through my stained glass. 




Our collection of books along with some of the kids toys just waiting for them to come and play with them. 
A letter press drawer with glass top used as a coffee table, for games.


The metal handle of the letter press drawer. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

Holy cow is looking for a new home and a name - Give away

That's right, one lucky person who adds their email and mailing address and what I should name this cow in my comments section of this blog will get this Holy cow for free. It is 6x12 on canvas. The paint is Molotow paint markers and Liquitex black. Varnished and ready to hang . Draw to take place on Dec 2nd 2013 and it will go to the best name