Skip to main content

Collecting Royal Doulton Figurine

 I love to collect things. There are things that friends bring to me and I sell to people who collect certain things. It can be anything from beanie babies to Royal Doulton figurines. Things that are collectible can be hot this year and not the next. Things are essentially material items that bring us joy. 


Here is a Royal Doulton that brought my friend's Mother, Patricia lots of joy years ago that belonged to her Mother's Mother. They had a tradition of collecting these in their family. Suddenly these Figurines were no longer as popular and trends had changed.  Once they were viewed in a china cabinet and that changed and no one really has the room for large pieces of furniture as space is limited. But there is always someone that collects a once collectible. There is always some who know that at sometime this will be collected again but in the meantime it brings them joy to collect it. 








This is the on line description on Poshmark


She was packed in bubble wrap, nestled in straw like shredded paper and the complete inside of the box was padded with recycled material that my brother gives to me from his food orders. There was no way this could have been mishandled.


This is Judy's comments and rating.

The buyer Judy was very happy with her purchase and is seen amongst her collection. 

Thank you Judy










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sewing machine drawers

I found these sewing machine drawers at the curb last summer and have been debating what to do with them. I may try to sell on and keep the other for a project....hum so many projects....what shall I do? I love the detail on each of the little drawer pulls and one of them has this little detailed corner which is so cute. the bottom of this one lost it's veneer After some research on some of my blogs that I visit I found some great ideas like this one by Mamie Jane's Here is another idea to use the drawers for from http://www.etsy.com/listing/65855791/salvaged-vintage-sewing-machine-drawer?ref=sr_list_1&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = Or this one from http://www.etsy.com/listing/63700962/vintage-oak-sewing-machine-drawer-with?ref=sr_list_19&ga_search_query=sewing+machine+drawers&ga_page=2&ga_search_type=all&ga_facet = another real cute design for candle holders f

Vintage Free Graphics- Printable Family Record Certificate

Another free amazing graphic from "Graphics Fairy" http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2011/02/antique-ephemera-clip-art-printable.html

Holy cow is looking for a new home and a name - Give away

That's right, one lucky person who adds their email and mailing address and what I should name this cow in my comments section of this blog will get this Holy cow for free. It is 6x12 on canvas. The paint is Molotow paint markers and Liquitex black. Varnished and ready to hang . Draw to take place on Dec 2nd 2013 and it will go to the best name